- Estate Agent
A move can be hard work. There is much to organise. You will need to book a removal firm in advance once you know the completion date. You should leave plenty of time to sort out your things and decide what is going where. Label as many boxes and crates with what is inside them and which room they will be going into in your new home.
- Plan your move early even if the legals are not fully resolved.
- Ask friends or relatives to recommend a reputable firm.
- Ask two or three firms for a quotation and check their availability for the likely completion date.
- Try and avoid your completion date being at a peak times such as a Friday or on school breaks.
- If your completion date is not at a peak time try to negotiate a better rate.
- Check if your selected firm has the necessary insurance in case of damage or loss.
- Obtain bank references for any prospective tenants
- Ask the removal firm about the cost of storage facilities in case of moving delays or renovation to all or parts of your new home.
Make sure you or the storage firm has fire, theft and breakage insurance which will cover any stored items.
Legal content supplied by Wilson Nesbitt Solicitors.